A Guide to 3-Step Sparring
2 Step Sparring is a pre-arranged sparring which we use to praictise and develop Distance, Focus & Timing against a partner.
At this time, there are 12 levels (sequences). However we only practice up to level/sequence 8 as colour belts.
How to practice 3-Step Sparring
Starting 2-Step Sparring
- Face your partner and bow
- Attacker takes the appropriate distance
- Attacker steps back into Walking Stance
- Attacker Requests to Attack (Ki-Ap)
- Defender Replies (Ki-Ap)
- Sequence Begins
- Attacker should remember to return to the a Guard position at the end
- Then Return to Parallel Stance
- Now, the Attacker and Defender swap roles
Completing 3-Step Sparring
- Both Attacker and Defender return to Parallel Stance
- Bow and step away.